cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 6 Pro can't connect to 5G

chris909
Contributor
Contributor

My new Pixel 6 Pro (three days old) can't connect to the 5G network. I've tested in central London.

When accessing the advanced settings (Dialling *#*#4636#*#* for the hidden phone status page) my "NR status" is "RESTRICTED". Set preferred network type is set to NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Chiliuk
Investigator
Investigator

I had this problem with the base 6 model (also in London).

Try and perform a network reset (switch to another network for a few minutes and then back to EE) and see if you get 5G back.  

The issue I found is that with WiFi calling enabled it loses 5G again but since disabling it it has worked fine.

I also have just encountered this issue and seem to have resolved it but not sure which step was the solution!

My Pixel 6 Pro connected fine to 5G when I received it on Oct. 28th but, as of two days ago, was stuck on 4G.

My NR state was also RESTRICTED. I enabled WiFi Calling around the 1st November and 5G still worked fine. I have absolutely no idea what changed in the last 2 days.

I called 150 and spoke with some helpful agents, but they weren't totally sure what had happened. They switched me to a new, identical 5G plan but it didn't seem to affect the connection. 

Once I saw this page I turned off WiFi Calling and connected to a different network for 5 minutes. As I write this my phone has just rejoined the EE 5G network! 

I did notice that initially I couldn't turn off WiFi Calling - the toggle didn't move. I had to switch off the EE Sim in the settings and then re-enable it before I was able to use the toggle. Obviously I'm guessing, but WiFi Calling does seem like the culprit.

I have ordered a replacement eSim (currently using a physical Sim) to see if this changes anything. 

Many thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Also having issues with pixel 6 pro.

In order to get 5g I have to deselect automatically select network and then select another network e.g. Vodafone. 

After phone says could not connect to Vodafone I reselect EE and hey presto I have 5g.

Be nice not to have to do that though.

• This is an update to my post above. Since switching from a physical SIM to an eSIM, WiFi Calling seems to work fine and the phone reconnects to the 5G network without any issues.