cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Phone and Laptop saying 'Connected without Internet'

maisiecx
Visitor

Hi all,

I desperately need help! I work from home and live an in area which gets no 3G, 4G etc. and no phone signal whatsoever. I rely on my WiFi to make calls and work from home. 

This morning, my phone and laptop are connecting to the WiFi, but saying 'Connected without Internet' - I can manage to send WhatsApp messages and messages on Microsoft Teams, but I can't do anything else without it taking forever! (Writing this took about half an hour) I'm unable to call EE, as I don't have enough connection to use WiFi calling. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? 

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @maisiecx 

Have you tried restarting your router? (Turn it off for 20 seconds)

You must be connected to something to send teams and WhatsApp messages.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @maisiecx ,

Connected without internet usually means the WiFi connection to the router is fine but a subsequent check fails.

As WhatsApp and Teams are ok, it's likely routing is fine so the most likely explanation is a name resolution issue.

You can check for a name resolution issue in Windows 10 commandline with "nslookup google.com".

Are you using a VPN?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net