cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How to pause & restart a monthly plan?

Lynn0712
Investigator
Investigator

I live in the US & travel to the UK 2 or 3 times a year. I just signed up for a monthly direct debit plan. Will I be able to pause it when I leave the UK & restart it when I return?

9 REPLIES 9
Lynn0712
Investigator
Investigator

I live in the US & travel to the UK 2 or 3 times a year. I just signed up for a monthly direct debit plan. Will I be able to pause it when I leave the UK & restart it when I return?

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lynn0712   Unfortunately you’ll not be able to do that. Contracts can not be paused. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you signed up for a pay monthly contract or a Flex or PAYG Plan?

1. A contract may be paid by DD but Flex or PAYG Plan cannot, only by credit or debit card.
  2. A contract can't be stopped mid-term w/out paying early termination fees. A Flex or PAYG Plan's payments can be stopped & restarted anytime.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I’m not on a contract. It’s a monthly plan that charges my credit card each month.   I understood that I would be able to pause or cancel at any time. 

Hi @Lynn0712 

It's a Flexi plan you have? 

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/call-text-and-data-charges/flex-plans-explai...

How do I pause or stop my Flex plan?

You can pause or stop your plan any time:

1. 1

2. 2

then scroll down and tap the ‘Pause Plan’ button

Pausing your Flex plan means that it won't renew.

Once you’ve confirmed you want to pause your plan, no further payments will be taken. You’ll be able to use the allowances you’ve paid for until your current plan period ends.

You can choose to start a new Flex plan whenever you're ready.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

That sounds like a Flex Plan. There is no Pause button but you pause your payments by cancelling the plan & payment and restarting it later.

Watch out for this if you're planning to use it only occassionally. EE PAYG & Flex SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You need to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up, making a recurrimg payment or buying a Plan or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your Plan .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It is a pain that the call allowance can't be rolled over on PAYG. If people don't use their allowance it could be carried forward.

Comments?

@Skoda11  And EE is a company that has to make money, if you have minutes remaining ( a lot ) then perhaps your allowance is to high for your needs. 

Hi @Skoda11 ,

If you require PAYG data roll-over I recommend to check the below link.

It's possible your data usage is extremely bursty with zero usage some months and high usage in other months, so data roll-over is a genuine requirement.

I believe Sky allowed multiple years of roll-over and I've certainly found data roll-over to be very useful.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/free-pay-as-you-go-sim-cards-listed-reviewed-and-compared

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net