cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Best sim option for router in caravan

Mrgee
Explorer

Hi all. Just joined the community and looking for some advice on the best option to go for. I have done a search but can seem to find a related answer.

Ive purchased a Netgear M2 router for our touring caravan and am trying to find the best affordable option that gives me a high data allowance for the time we use it. The caravan is usually used for around 6 months of the year and data is used mostly on streaming services such as Netflix etc, so I know these consume quite a bit of data. As far as I can tell I have 3 options:

PAYG. I just top up £30 a month when I need to

FLEX. Not sure if this will give me enough data but like the idea I can pause the plan till I need it.

PAY MONTHLY. Buy the cheapest pay monthly plan(currently £9 for current customers) and then gift it data as and when needed.

Anyone on here with similar circumstances can make a recommendation would be much appreciated 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks all so far 👍🏻. It sounds like PAYG may be my best option for just periodic use. But I will keep a look out or see what the EE stores can offer me 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hello @Mrgee 

Welcome to the EE community

Your summary of the alternate payment options is basically correct.

@Mrgee wrote:

PAY MONTHLY. Buy the cheapest pay monthly plan(currently £9 for current customers) and then gift it data as and when needed.

Remember you can only use data-gifting between mobiles on the same billing account. So you'll need to add the proposed new SIM to the same account as an existing number from which you're willing to share,

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Mrgee :

• PAYG: You can pause that as well until you need it. £30 PAYG gets you 60GB / month. 
  • CONTRACT: If that's not enough, you could get an unlimited data phone SIM Only, giving you up to 600GB / month. Contract plans tend to be at least 12 months unless you buy a rolling month contract in an EE Store.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks all so far 👍🏻. It sounds like PAYG may be my best option for just periodic use. But I will keep a look out or see what the EE stores can offer me