cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Paired Plan - Apple Watch 6 - SIM only

albf126
Visitor

Dear All,

I am a customer of EE with a sim only plan.

I recently bought another iPhone (12) and an iwatch 6.

I would like a sim only plan with EE in order to have such second mobile no. both on my iPhone 12 and iwatch 6.

Please could you advise on what shall I do? Should a paired plan be necessary, could I do that without buying an iwatch with EE?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@albf126   You’re going to have to take out a Sim only contract for the phone and then on setting up the watch through the watch app you be able to take out a Sim only 40 day rolling contract for the watch and it will cost you £7 a month and you will get 10Gb data for watch via that separate contract. 

what is a sim only 40 rolling contract? Is there different price plans for different amounts of data usage? I have ordered an iwatch series 6 and am thinking about the sim only data plan for my new iphone

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ee654321,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, each SIM only plan has a call, text and data allowance. You can view the full range at shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only.

Thanks

James

I was told by EE that because I have unlimited minutes on my phone contract with EE, these would also apply to a cellular contract  EE, so I can use my watch to make unlimited calls for the £7 a month. The bit I don’t understand is the 10GB a month, if I don’t use the fitness bits on the watch which I don’t, and the only notifications I receive are wotsapp, messenger and occasional email, surely 10GB would be plenty wouldn’t it? Or is the data needed for the watch signal to make and receive calls? I’m not that savvy as I’m old! 🙄 thanks x

@LB52  If you use more than 5Gb per month I’ll be very surprised.  

the call and text allowance come from your phone allowance but that watch has its own data allowance as you can leave the phone at home and use the watch functions without a phone via Bluetooth.    This data allowance will include anything that uses a cellular data connection.  

Ie,  email,WhatsApp.streaming music,any fitness app that tracks you,maps,  just about any app you download and put on the watch. 

Thank you, so best to stop any unnecessary notifications to the watch then, I don’t use it to listen to music etc, I have Apple Watch 6 at moment, I’ll be upgrading when the new 2021 watch comes available and will buy the cellular one this year. I understand it will need Bluetooth connection, but will I have to have location on all the time too please? x

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LB52,

Yes, some Apple Watch features will require your location.

James

Thanks for all the info James much appreciated and roll on Apple Watch 7!