cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Paid for 200mb add on and was given 100mb - false advertising

Ma6x
Visitor

The in app purchase in addons clearly states “200mb for £2”, when bought I was told thank you for purchasing the 100mb add on, yet £2 was still taken from my account. 

this is definitely illegal and isn’t the first time this has happened. It’s blatant false advertising and have no idea how this was looked past.

here’s images for proof:

AEDCDECE-FDB7-4ABC-971E-C2EBD21043F7.jpeg

DC372827-0B8D-4FF1-BE9F-8676AA0EF611.png

F4697733-9B25-4088-A837-32B29849BB99.jpeg

I’m a long time EE customer but the amount of times I’ve been mischarged or paid for something I haven’t got has made me start to consider changing to a better provider. 

533A0CA9-6FC7-456A-BEA8-449CC5C2CAB1.png

[Mod edit: Last image rejected as it contained personal information]

1 REPLY 1
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Ma6x ,

I would recommend that you treat this as a beach of contract by the service provider as I suspect that if you treat it as an issue of advertising, you will get nowhere.

EE has made a firm offer which you have accepted and a contact has been established where you have upheld your side but the service provider is in breach.

When offices open, I recommend to open an online chat to request you are refunded as you were unable to use the data as planned and half of something is usually no good for the intended purpose.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net