cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAYG data add-ons data not given

cjhee
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I've bought 3 data add-ons to my PAYG account recently, and in every case I was not given the data I paid for, and had to go through a lengthy support process to get my data. In detail, these were:

1. A 3gb data addon purchased, but only 1gb was given 

2. Another 3gb data addon purchased, but only 1gb was given 

3 A 500mb data addon purchased, but only 250mb was given 

I was told my missing data would be added automatically after the first given amount was used (eg. for the 3gb purchase, my account showed 1gb, so I was told to expect the remaining 2gb to be added after the 1st gb was used up. This did not happen.

Are other people getting this ?

5 REPLIES 5
cjhee
Investigator
Investigator

I've had a similar problem,  the last 3 data addons to my PAYG account havent given the correct amount of data credit. ie buying 3 gb for £6 only gives 1gb credit, and the remaining 2gb is never added, even if the account runs down to 0 data remaining. And buying 500mb for £3 only gave me 250mb, and the outstanding 250mb was never added. Isnt this a breach of Trade Descriptions Act, ie. the service being advertised and charged is not being delivered.

Being referred to customer support that takes half an hour or more to resolve the problem is not an adequate response.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @cjhee

Thank you for coming to the community. 

When was the last time this error occurred?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

Leanne_T

Hi there @cjhee

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear this has happened, I would suggest getting back in touch with our Pay as you go Care team and they will get this looked into further for you. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

I did contact the PAYG team the first two times, and after 35 and 40 minutes online they finally credited my account with the missing data, and assured me it wouldnt happen again. It did happen again. It seems to happen with every PAYG data addon.

You seem to have a fault with your web-site/ordering system, that keeps happening, which you're trying to patch with customer service calls instead of getting the problem fixed. You must be getting thousands of these ? Presumably its been raised with your IT team, have they provided an estimate for when it will be fixed ?

Katie_B

Hi @cjhee

I'm glad they were able to get the data added for you. 

If you have continued to experience issues with the online ordering page I would recommend getting in touch with our technical care team who can look into this and raise a case if needs be. 

Katie 🙂