cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAYG Monthly Data Only

EEbyegum
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I bought my first, £20 50Gb card from an EE store recently.

I then discovered that I can top up this card online, great!

When my card was working, I checked the packs and add ons available and saw there was an unlimited data deal at £40, so I topped up my account with £40 in preparation.

As my original card ran out on 30th Aug, I waited till 1st Sept to upgrade to the £40 unlimited data, and that's when the problems started.

Firstly, there's no unlimited data monthly offered to me. Then, when I try to contact EE via "live chat" that's not available to me either.

Following a drop down link from my post title, it seems there is a monthly unlimited data deal available but at £43 a month, which I can access currently, but I'm connected using a different SIM than my EE card and it wasn't clear at all whether that unlimited data monthly deal would be applied to my current SIM. I would assume it would because it never asked me for account details or SIM phone number. If so, that's not what I want. 

I'm trying to use an EE SIM purely for internet access and have no use of texts or phone calls.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone knows how I can access "live chat"

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EEbyegum  Sorry but Live chat isn’t available to pay-as-you-go customers. You also need to stop your current pack by texting stop pack to 150 from the Sim card in question you’re then free to choose whatever pack allowance is available. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EEbyegum : There are no unlimited data PAYG packs. So I can't think where you saw there was.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I definitely saw both the examples I stated and checked they were monthly options, but it seems that EE may be using some bizarre algorithms that only show certain things to different customers.

Thanks Chris,

I will try your text tip to see if that helps, but frankly, at present I'm thinking I will probably find another sim only internet provider because their practice of no contact, therefore no support, as a payg customer is insulting.