cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

sim card not working, the phone sees it but no signal

trackdayguy
Investigator
Investigator

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The most common explanation for issues such as this, is that your SIM has gone into hibernation.

I'd recommend a read of this EE help article which explains the policy and the means to recover a hibernated SIM.

You may need to call EE C/S to do this, you can do so from anywhere in the world using +44 7953 966250, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hello @trackdayguy 

Is this a replacement SIM, or a brand new SIM?

Are you on PAYG or pay-monthly?

Are you in the UK or abroad?

If you could explain a little more about your issue, and how this SIM problem has come about, I'm sure the community can advise.

Thanks for replying to my issue. I live in Canada, so the phone its not used much, I try and remember to send a text every month or so, but don't remember when I last did that. Its a replacement sim. Had the number 30 years. Recently, 2 years ago got moved from Orange.

PAYG

The most common explanation for issues such as this, is that your SIM has gone into hibernation.

I'd recommend a read of this EE help article which explains the policy and the means to recover a hibernated SIM.

You may need to call EE C/S to do this, you can do so from anywhere in the world using +44 7953 966250, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype.