cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

No service with upgraded phone

Marctrous98
Investigator
Investigator

I have upgraded my phone yesterday from a Huawei P20 Pro to a Huawei P40 Pro 5G. The new phone came with a sim card which I have used and followed the instructions on sim swap, however this has not worked. I've also realised that the sim in my old phone fits inside my new one, however when I have inserted it, I still have no network showing. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi thanks for your response.

I messed around with both the new and old sim and figured out that the sim card reader has two slots. I inserted them both in and activated my new sim via my system settings and it seems to have worked. My EE account had updated prior to this with my new contract and I now have network connection so I do believe I have upgraded my phone. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Marctrous98

Welcome to the community.

How long ago did you insert the SIM? It can take 24 hours for the registration to go through.

Chris

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Did you expect to receive a new SIM?

If not, I would recommend to ask and find out why you have received a new SIM.

Presumably you intended to upgrade your device and agreed to a new fixed term contract for your old SIM and old number. I recommend to confirm that situation if that is the case.

I've seen cases on here where a customer intended to upgrade but confusingly ended up with a second contract, new SIM, and new number so out of an abundance of caution you would want to defend yourself against this possibility, if you did not intend for it.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi, 

I messed around with both the new and old sim and figured out that the sim card reader has two slots. I inserted them both in and activated my new sim and it seems to have worked. My EE account had updated prior to this with my new contract and I now have network connection. Thanks for your response. 

Hi thanks for your response.

I messed around with both the new and old sim and figured out that the sim card reader has two slots. I inserted them both in and activated my new sim via my system settings and it seems to have worked. My EE account had updated prior to this with my new contract and I now have network connection so I do believe I have upgraded my phone. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Marctrous98 

Have a lovely day 🙂

Leanne.