cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

No Option to Top Up via the App

LouisaBrown
Contributor
Contributor

Usually I top up my mobile each month by manually adding £10 via the app.  I don't want to set up a recurring top up.  

The option to add funds via the app appears to have gone.  

The link from the first page after you log in just says to set up a recurring top up, which it has done for some time.  

However, the top up and credit page, which I can normally top up is saying I have to go to EE Online.  This is a hassle to do on a mobile phone so I will have to resort to topping up via text (assuming that is still working!) 

Is this an issue with the app or a permanent (and inconvenient) change?

The cynic in me is glad I always top up right after my pack renews so I didn't get this annoyance at the last minute, where I would then miss the renewal while trying to fix this and be forced onto one of the new, and in my case very downgraded, new packs.

13 REPLIES 13
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @LouisaBrown.

When were you last able to top-up through the app?

Have you tried using Fast Top-Up?

Jon

I last topped up through the app on 27 August 2021.

I am not sure what Fast Top-Up is.

I used to top up by text until the app allowed top-ups, and then I have always used the app.  

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @LouisaBrown.

You can find all information on Fast Top-up on the help page in this link.

Can you give it a try and let me know if you're able to do it?

Jon

@LouisaBrown : Try using Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Sorry, I am not being clear.  I am able to top up online and did so earlier. 

I just want to know why I can no longer use my preferred method, via the app, which is, for me a lot quicker and more convenient than going online.   The app allowed me to open it with finger print ID, choose menu, top up and credit, and then just add money with my saved card. 

Now it just has an option to Top up at My EE online, which this morning wouldn't even log me in, logged me out for too many attempts, then for a failure on the are you a real person code, then I had to reset my password, which I will no doubt have forgotten again in another month's time.   

So my question is, is it a permanent change to the app, or is it some sort of fault my app has that needs to be fixed?

Jewels57
Explorer
  1. So im guessing the app isn't working for me to top up im getting nowhere with ee
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LouisaBrown.

Thanks for letting us know you have been able to top up online. 

Have you tried deleting your app and re-installing it?

I would recommend ensuring you are using the latest version of the app. 

Please be sure to pop back and let me know, 

Katie 🙂

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Jewels57

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Do you usually top up via the app?

Is the option to top up not showing?

Please provide more information so I can help further. 

Katie 🙂

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@LouisaBrown - Take a look at this posted item's screenshot; do you mean this dashboard from within the MyEE app?

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-EE-app-and-website/My-EE-let-us-know-what-needs-to-be-fixed/m-p/107...

I can only guess there is still "work in progress" for that section of the app. There use to be a function to select how much you wanted to top up, £10, £15, 20, etc and also a label description of 5 pounds a minimum for top up.