cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New sim card

Pedman
Explorer

Hi all I need a new SIM card but don’t want to keep my old number,will all my photos apps etc be lost

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Pedman  You can request a new sim via the my EE app.   It’s in settings>device and sim>replace sim. If your current sim isn’t working you’ll need to call if it is you can request a new sim via the app.   This will not give you a new number only calling customer services and requesting a new number will get you a new number.   I believe the charge is £35. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pedman  If you need a new SIM card are you on contact or PAYG ?    

If your on PAYG just get a new sim.  If your on contract you’ll need to request a new SIM card and you’ll retain your number, you will then

have to request a change of number by calling customer services and you might be charged to change numbers.  

The information on your device has nothing to do with the sim in your device. 

I’m on a contract so I’ll have to contact them I suppose 😀thanks for your help

@Pedman  You can request a new sim via the my EE app.   It’s in settings>device and sim>replace sim. If your current sim isn’t working you’ll need to call if it is you can request a new sim via the app.   This will not give you a new number only calling customer services and requesting a new number will get you a new number.   I believe the charge is £35.