cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Missold contract

Amyb85
Investigator
Investigator

I went into store today to upgrade my phone.

I was told my phone would be £35 a month and that for an extra £3 a month I could get a tablet on contract. Super I thought!

However on looking my phone is actually only £25 a month and therefore I'm paying an extra £13 a month for the tablet!

I'm not happy about this....is there anything I can do? Can I get out of the tablet contract?

24 REPLIES 24

@XRaySpeX wrote:

You mean, @BrendonH, it's like signing a blank cheque? Smiley Wink I'd refuse until I see the figures!

Still a crafty way of doing things @XRaySpeX it shouldn't be hidden and being on the tablets lets it be so.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

To fit in with current technology, I'd accept seeing them on the tablet's screen but only before I sign the same screen.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

There is no need to fit in to the current technology if they are still printing the same amount of paperwork which they are.

If they were just printing your copy of the contract then I'd might accept that but they are still printing 2 copies. One for you and one for them. So it is not saving paper. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Photocat99
Visitor

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I wasn't given a paper contract so only discovered this at a later date. The smarmy creep who sold me this contract was having a day off when I went back or possibly hiding in the back.

Hi @Photocat99 ,

If you believe you've been missold a contract or service, I would recommend you review online advice such as from Which Magazine and Ofcom.

It may have been an honest mistake on the sales adviser's part or unhappily there may be an incident of fraud if their training has not been followed and you've not been properly advised of the contract.

For someone to affix your signature to a contract you did not agree to in a bait and switch of the verbal contract and a written contract would be a fraud on both EE and the customer so the store manager should investigate. Hope things work out for you.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-complain-if-you-ve-been-misled-by-your-mobile-...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net