cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

LAPSED/SUSPENDED ACCOUNT

HayCart
Explorer

I left the U.K. to work overseas around 18 months ago, with the plan to ‘switch’ SIMs between a local mobile service while overseas, and my EE service while I was back home.

Due to Covid-19 travel restrictions, I haven’t used the EE sim in over a year, and although there is still plenty of credit on the account, my service has been cancelled/suspended due to lack of use.

I’m still overseas, but need to cancel my current overseas service - How can I reactivate my EE service?

10 REPLIES 10
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @HayCart

Welcome to the EE Community. 

When was the last time your SIM was used for any chargeable action? this can be any of the following:

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data that is not within your pack or add-on.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a pack or an add-on.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days, your account will go into hibernation.

When your number is in hibernation, it is still possible to get it back until you’ve reached 269 days of no chargeable activity.

After 273 days the number will be recycled and lost.

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't!  You've lost it completely after not using for so long. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks Katie,

Unfortunately it’s well over a year since that phone number was last used, so I think we have to accept that it’s a gonner.

Do you know if it would be possible to get a new SIM, and transfer the credit balance that was on the lapsed account to the new SIM (and ideally, get the same number again...?)

Regards,

Andy

None of that is possible! You've completely lost that old no. & its credit due to non-use. Anyway PAYG credit is not transferable or refundable.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

I have the same issue and am wondering how I get my number out of hibernation?

MyEE won't let me top up etc at the moment...

Thanks

James_B

Hi @rboys,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

How long has your SIM been out of use?

James

Hi,

I think it's been over a year.

Thanks,

Rebecca

James_B

Hi @rboys,

Sorry, if it has been over a year, your number will have been recycled and lost.

You can order a free SIM at shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim.

James

Hi,

Will it be possible to get my old phone number on the new SIM?

Thanks