cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Issue with packs and 150 not working

WhydoIhavetoreg
Investigator
Investigator

I am having a bunch of problems with a PAYG account that I suspect are related:

1) In the my EE account, for some reason I don't seem to be able to buy a pack. I can go to the page, but there's no packs listed (the message saying 10% off for paying with a card is the only thing there). Top ups are available, and a few add-ons, but that's it

2) I can't dial 150 from my phone. About half the time I get an automated error that just says there's a problem, and then disconnects. The other half it disconnects without an error. This is exceptionally irritating since practically all help for PAYG simply points you at this.

3) I am attempting to replace my phone at the moment, and need to replace the (rather old) sim card associated with this number as it's not the right size for the new handset. I tried ordering a replacement sim from the online option in the account, which seemed OK at first. But a few hours later I get a text saying that this order couldn't be processed. And telling me to call 150 😠

Any idea what's going on with this mess? And please don't tell me to call 150 again...

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. Try texting ALL PACKS to 150 to list & buy packs.
  2. Do you have some PATG credit? You need 25p to call CS.
  3. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

1) Texting ALL PACKS to 150 does result in a text with a list of available packs. Attempting to buy one by following the instructions gives no response though (no pack, no change in credit, no text received - not even an error).

2)Yes, there's more than £20 credit. Dialing 150 still does not work.

3)I was able to get the sim card replaced by contacting this number. While the rep seemed to think it might fix the pack issue, it has not.

I notice the area in my account on the website where it should display any currently active packs has a red exclamation mark and a useless "There was a problem, try again later" error message.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WhydoIhavetoreg

Welcome to the community.

I'm not sure what could be causing this problem, to be honest.

Have you received the replacement SIM?

Chris 

Yes, I've replaced the sim. It had no effect on the issues with packs or 150.

Hi @WhydoIhavetoreg.

Is the new SIM card fully registered?

Can you text Balance to 150 and let us know the results?

Jon