cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ipv6 some things don't work?

jazydave
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have a Huawei b535 router, running off a data SIM. It has an external antenna.

My speeds were slow, so I was advised to change APN  on router, to make it run IPV6.

This increased my download speeds massively. Brilliant!

The only thing is some devices have stopped working. A smart TV, internet radio, Santander online banking.

Does anyone know of a way of keeping the speed and making everything still work please?

Dave

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Essexboy, it was the external antenna supplier that advised me make the changes to the router.

I only changed the APN, but it made a drastic improvement. From a download 6 mpbs/ upload 50mbps

To 40/40. 

This would be fine if only all devices ( smart TV, internet radio, Santander) all worked.

If I use the card in my phone outside, I get similar 40/40 speeds.

The kids are never off my back about speeds.lol

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Switching to IPV6 shouldn't have any effect on your speeds, it may just have been the APN reset allowed you to get better speeds.

Without getting to Techy the words EE, Huawei and IPV6 in the same sentence never work well, I would advise you set your Huawei Router to IPV4 Only for the time being.

Thanks Essexboy, it was the external antenna supplier that advised me make the changes to the router.

I only changed the APN, but it made a drastic improvement. From a download 6 mpbs/ upload 50mbps

To 40/40. 

This would be fine if only all devices ( smart TV, internet radio, Santander) all worked.

If I use the card in my phone outside, I get similar 40/40 speeds.

The kids are never off my back about speeds.lol

I think I've some how stumbled across a solution to this!

I went bac into router settings and changed APN to Auto.

I now still have the higher speeds, but all devices and apps work!

Thanks for help and advice