cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Incorrect QR Code

kingamajick
Explorer

I'm trying to change my physical Sim to a eSimm however when I try to download the eSim using the QR code I get the error "Incorrect QR code", what would be the likely cause for this error?

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kingamajick   Just to check you are a contract customer? 

Yep I am

Same issue here

No help from customer support

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jajajajaja12312

What did our customer support team say?

Chris

I'm getting this too they are going to try and post me a paper copy, or they said go in store.

Quite frustrating. No real support from EE on this. Followed the steps as instructed but did not work.

James_B

Hi @Thenotgoodee,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What error message are you seeing when scanning your QR code?

Have you spoken to technical support?

James

I managed to generate the eSim QR Code on MyEE (can still see it in my dashboard) 

After 35m calling the support they finally forwarded me to a Youtube video to install the eSim.

I have a Pixel 4 XL with Android 12 (which is different from the video instructions)

But when using the SIM options in Settings to add an eSim, the camera reads the code and immediately returns an error. The QR Code is showing under the section for Apple OS.

Since I have a SIM Only pack, when generated there was no question on what OS I use.

Also, usijng the MyEE App, the option to "Donwnload to this device" takes me to the Google App Store and ignores the fact that I am already inside the MyEE App. 

A mess....

Christopher_G

OK, thanks for explaining some more, @Thenotgoodee.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Chris