cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How to use EE sim in a unlocked USB dongle for internet access?

doctoramesh
Explorer

I have been succesfully using vectone sim in a unlocked huwawei LTE USB dongle (Model : E3272) for internet access, and now wish to use my EE sim in the same dongle instead. The settings I have used are as follows:

Mobile ISP : EE

Dial Number : *99#

APN : everywhere

username : eesecure

password : secure

MTU size (in bytes) : 1480

Authentication Type : PAP

With the above settings, the connection status is shown as successful, but there is no internet access. The sim has an active bundle subscription and data balance and I am able to use internet when the sim is inserted in a mobile phone with automatic settings. Can anyone help me with the correct settings?

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dotoramesh

Do you have any other EE devices that do connect OK?

What is the 4G coverage like in the area?

Chris

Yea, as I said earlier the same EE sim works well when inserted in a android mobile phone as the internet settings are getting downloaded automatically. And the coverage here in london is decent. I am getting around 50mbps bandwidth on 4G. In fact my Airtel sim from India connects automatically to EE tower as a preferred network. There is no question of coverage here.

My exact setup is a unlocked Huawei 4G LTE usb dongle (model E3272) connected to a TPlink WiFi router which has a USB port for 3G/4G usb modems. I have to enter the settings in the TPlink router management page. Automatic settings weren't working so I selected the manual option where I can go to advanced mode and enter all the values manually. This way,

I have been using the setup with various SIM card providers in India. In London I have successfully used a Vectone SIM. If vectone works, EE should work too.. 

I think the dial number and APN settings are wrong. Please help me. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @doctoramesh,

The APN, username and password seem to be correct. I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team so our Tech Gurus can run through the full settings with you.

Thanks

James