cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Help ! Sky Q not working with EE Hub

Emmaj66
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve recently had sky Q installed worked perfectly fine for a total of 5 days before dropping connection to the EE Hub. Spoke to sky who basically aren’t interested said no fault with the box it’s EE hub issue which is also new. They recommended splitting the SSID which I’ve done but still the same problem I only have my phone connected to the WiFi and sky will only pick up the one (2mgz) sorry I am no way technical and if my WiFi works with my phone and sky (when it is connected) how can this be an EE issue? . I’ve also called EE who confirmed no problem with my WiFi so I’m stuck with nobody taking ownership, has anyone had the same issue ? I’m at my wits end and fed up of being on hold with sky for 45 minutes a time 😡 

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Emmaj66 : Did you sparate the bands on the SH? Is it still that way? That's usually the way to do it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have little to zero technical knowledge, what’s the SH ? 

SH = Smart Hub. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, I kept the same name on the 5g but added sky on the end so I could tell which is which. When searching the different id’s show up on my phone and two different brands of speaker but the sky q that only picks up the 2g. It did seem to work for all of 4 days then kicked it off again 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Emmaj66,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do your other devices remain connected when your Sky Q box drops out?

Thanks

James

It always seems to drop off overnight I only have my phone connected and 2 speakers which I’ve turned on at the same time to try and everything else is connected fine I tried an old now box and that stayed connected connected just the q box that keeps dropping off 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Emmaj66,

If everything else is staying connected, it may be the TV box that is at fault.

I would recommend getting back in touch with your TV provider to see if there is anything else they can do to help.

Thanks

James

I have the same problem! My tv won’t pick up the new 5ghz SSID And only the only one! I can’t watch anything online using my tv it’s a nightmare! Please help 

@EmranA : Which router do you have? If the EE Smart Hub, have you split the WiFi bands?