cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

The Add-On Mind field

Momaks49
Explorer

I purchased a PAYG sim for testing speed in various areas I would use my phone. The data on the sim disappeared after 2 tests (the same amount lasts 10 days on my current provider). I need to get more but I am confused at the difference in data add ons as it seems to give different prices for the same amount of data. Can anyone please explain the system to me. I looked at packs but I don't have use for calls and texts until I am certain who I will sign my contract with.

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Momaks49

Thanks for coming to the community. 

You can view information on data add-ons instead of purchasing a pack on our What are pay as you go add-ons? Help page. 

If you would like to add a pack that would include data, minutes and texts see our What are pay as you go packs from EE? Help page, for more details on what packs are available 🙂

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Momaks49 wrote:

it seems to give different prices for the same amount of data.

Where are you seeing that? Linky please?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Screenshot_20210905-195343_My EE.jpg

Hopefully you will understand this more than me. I found it when clicking on the data add ons tab 

TheDoog
Investigator
Investigator

By the look of the number of views your topic has had, there are a lot of people that don't understand the add-on costs.

Maybe a lot of those views are from ee employees looking for the answer.

I cannot find anywhere in EE that can explain it.

TheDoog
Investigator
Investigator

10GB Add-on (30 days)           £20.00        Lasts 0 

5GB data add-on                     £20.00         Lasts 30 days

Can someone explain the difference to me please.

Just purchased 5GB data for £6 and in my "Allowances" its showing 750 MB ??

I just dont get what this is all about and hope someone out there can help PLEASE.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheDoog,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to check the correct add-on has been applied to your account if you get in touch.

James

James, I have conversed with someone from ee that was not very helpful at all. I purchased 5GB of Data addon for £6 and received 750MB of data.

When I asked why all they would say is "Where have you seen that as there is no addon for 5GB of data for £6. I sent them links to the ee website, the same that as appeared above shown by MOMASK.

II was passed to someone else that just asked the same questions and realised I was wasting my time. So I decided to take screen shots and have copied the conversations and then send them to the Office of Fair Trading or Trading standards as I sure this would be classed as false advertising ie obtaining money under false pretences. 

I have also contacted ee by email to see what they reply.

Regards, One very unhappy customer.

@TheDoog : It's the ASA that deals with false advertising.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)