cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Have 4GEE mobile data speeds halved?

katykakes
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a 4GEE Router for some years now - and for a year or more have used a dedicated aerial - and that reliably gave me >120Mbps down.

But with the recent upgrade to the 4GEE data network in my area my download and upload speeds seem to have halved - now it is only 60Mbps max down.

This seems to have happened in conjunction with the rollout of 'double speed' which quotes 60 Mbps max down.

So have EE now capped the bandwidth?

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @katykakes

Welcome to the community.

Are you experiencing any service problems since seeing the speeds that aren't quite as quick? Which plan are you on?

Chris

Peter_C
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The 'double speed' plans were not capped to 60mbps. 

Your speed drop could be caused by various factors. When you say upgrade, what do you mean?

Hi Chris

I am on the Unlimited Data Plan for the 4GEE router.

For the past year or so, since adding an external aerial, I had been seeing >120Mbps down.

But just recently this dropped to 50-60 Mbps and has remained consistently at that level.

This coincided with some service status notifications for my area which were described as upgrades to the EE network. These are now complete according to the status checker.

By upgrade I mean a service status notification was issues both on the status checker and via SMS to my 4GEE router stating the EE network was being upgraded - but the status checker nows says this is complete.

The only other change was that I switched from an old 500GB plan to an Unlimited Data Plan.

Katie_B

Hello @katykakes

Are you aware of when the status checker changed to complete?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

I think over 48 hours ago now. 

Leanne_T

Hi @katykakes

Thanks for coming back to us. 

In this case, I would suggest getting in touch with our Tech Gurus by calling either 150 from an EE phone, or 0800 079 8586 from any other phone. The team will get this looked into further for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

An update on this for anyone finding themselves in a similar situation.

After a few days more the situation corrected itself without me needing to do anything.

I am now once again seeing download speeds peaking >120Mbps. It does vary (to be expected) but I would say that I can reliably get >100Mbps.