cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ericsson R320s

Albertine2021
Investigator
Investigator

Need a new SIM card for Ericsson R320s, I like it even though it's ancient.  EE can't text me a code therefore.  How do I get a new SIM?

Cheers.

15 REPLIES 15
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Albertine2021

Welcome to the community.

Have a chat with our Mobile Care team, they'll organise to send you a SIM card. 🙂

Chris

Hello, I am profoundly deaf, reliant on lip reading, I text and email. Can I write to them?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Christopher_G

OK thanks, @Albertine2021

Do you have a pay monthly or pay as you go account?

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why do you want a new SIM?

If it's for a new phone, order a replacement SIM online with the same no., plan & if applicable, credit at Order a replacement SIM for £1.50. Otherwise phone CS for one. It will come as a Combi-SIM with all 3 sizes as push-outs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello Chris, I am still phoneless, I've a very IT/tech minded friend coming later to have a look (and yes he is in my bubble!).  Everyone thinks I should get a proper phone.  😞 I learnt quite a lot from the information you sent, and I thank you very much for your help.

Hello, thank you for writing.  I am pretty certain it is the SIM that is problem, as the phone is working i.e fully charged but the screen says 'insert card'. I can't phone anyone on my landline, deaf, it's for emergencies, and I only use mobile for texting.  Very good of you to advise.

Leanne_T

Hi @Albertine2021

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another phone when your friend comes? 

This will let you know if it is the phone or SIM that is the problem. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne.  Thank you. Yes, I did, same make, and nothing happened at all, that phone won't charge, I have never used it before, it was supposed to be my back up (birthday present - complete with QWERTY plug in keyboard, handbook (yes I have looked at that!), and two spare batteries.     

Leanne_T

Hi @Albertine2021

Are you able to try a phone that will turn on, so you can see if the same message shows? 

Leanne.