cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

ESIM Activation issues with EE APP

macleanac
Investigator
Investigator

The EE app ESIM option is not ready dont use it. Request a esim via tech support.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@macleanac  It is ready and it does work,   Why are you putting that ? 

Because it's disabled my sim and then said I'm going to send a text to your sim to enable your EE SIM. I had to visit an EE store to get a new hardware SIM.

Note this was not using the yellow button on the front page which I believe they call a floating activation but the submenu option where you purchase a new ESIM for 50p.

@macleanac   Well it does work and it can not disable your Sim until you receive the text message as you need to confirm it’s you that’s requested it. It’s a 2FA otherwise anyone could request your number be moved to a different SIM card. 

Understood. But in my case that's not what happened. It Disabled the SIM first Then tried to send a txt. My experience may be a one off but thought I'd share just in case.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @macleanac

I am very sorry to hear this happened when you ordered an eSIM. 

Our What is an eSIM? Help page, has information on ordering an eSIM and how to download this to your device.

Thanks.

Leanne.