cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE website and App down

hall68
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

What is happening with the website account pages and the app says sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties. If you have updated the app recently your password will no longer work you will need to change it. Alternatively try again later. It was like this all day yesterday and is still the same?

30 REPLIES 30
354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Now the boost menu shows 2 packs to gain a new boost, even though I have not changed from the previous pack that I was using, that needed 3 packs to gain a regular boost. Everything else is still erroring; packs error, add-on error.

free-boosts-menu.png

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

What happened?

what_happened.png

hall68
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello app still down today Friday and some data still missing online account any reason why yet. Thanks

I have had no access to the app since returning to EE almost 3 weeks ago.

I was on the phone to an agent for 3 hours over two nights and got nowhere. I asked for an escalation and was refused the chance to speak with a manager, to later be told the app was down and it would be fixed by the 20th Oct. The agent had no clue until putting me on hold and speaking with technical.

On the same call I asked them to ensure travel data pass was active on my account as I was off to Dubai, and even though I received a text message saying it was set up, I have not been able to connect at all. I have been restricted to WiFi only. 

Absolute garbage service from EE. Nobody knows anything based on my recent experience.

10 hours ago, I upgraded my plan after logging into my EE app and after all confirmed, I could no longer access my EE App nor my EE web account login. I'm abroad and now I have no EE reception service, and I need to enable data roaming. I am unable to call Customer Service either (which I have to do on my work phone as no service on my own phone) with call centres being down and the Live Chat not appearing. 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@awclee  Your issue is your changed your contract while abroad.  This is a no no and should never be done while out of the UK.    Customer services are open to take calls.   You want to call this number +44 7953 966 250

Hi @Chris_B,

Surprising that's a No-go... I wanted to get Roam Abroad and it did not appear to be an option unless I upgraded. Customer services are open yet are down due to a call centre fault--I indeed called that number (over the past hour) on my work phone (as I cannot on my own phone)--so I feel quite stuck.

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@awclee  Your not in the UK connected to the EE network and your  making account changes, these changes are also connected to your sim and your on a roaming network so if things go wrong as in your case you have bigger issues because your on a roaming network and anything that EE needs to do to your sim has issues because it’s only pushed out on the EE network as the roaming network doesn’t know what to do with the update to your sim so you don’t get them.     It might just be a case of activating roaming on your account but if it was already activated on your old tariff it should still be activated on your new tariff. 

Hi @Chris_B,

Ah I see thank you for the context. So even if I do get through to Customer Service it might not be fixable until I return to the UK. Wishing that I am able to login to My EE, app and online, too.

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

System seems to has corrected itself;  existing pack loading + displaying boosts, add-ons displaying.

My EE app 4.59 - able to use the app again.