cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE video data pass not working.

Pyriel
Investigator
Investigator

I have the Video pass as part of my contract, yet over the last few weeks since getting the contract Youtube has used 30odd gigabites of my actual data allowance, while my video pass section on My EE says it's only used 23mb instead.

Is there an easy way to fix this? As the video pass is totally useless otherwise.

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pyriel,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to look in to this issue if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I'm interested in the outcome of this as one of the reasons I moved from Three is because their Go Binge functionality supports Netflix but not Youtube. Currently I have the Amazon benefit applied but in the future I may swap to the Video pass.

Is your SIM card in a phone or in a router? Do you access Youtube using the Youtube app, in a browser, or on a TV? If you access services such as iPlayer, do you find the Video pass data usage increases? 🤓

Edit: obviously contacting EE directly is the way to resolve but the information above may be useful to others who hit the same problem.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk 

My Sim is in my phone, specifically a Galaxy A52. Unfortunately I don't actually use any other apps that the data pass works on (don't have accounts either so I can't download them to check) so I have no idea if it works elsewhere.

I use youtube through the Google Play app.

YouTube via Google Play sounds like the ideal conditions for it to work so I think it's worth asking if EE will credit 30 GB back as it seems that's the entirety of the reason you added the Pass and you relied on EE performing their contract when you used that data.

It would be interesting to check if the Video Pass needle moves if you hotspot/tether a computer or TV for a few seconds of YouTube streaming.

Something's probably broken that EE needs to fix but sometimes you might be lucky. Wouldn't move the needle too much before negotiating compensation for non-performance of contract but if hotspot/tethering also doesn't work, that's more ammunition. 🤓

I'm assuming you're not using a VPN or anything which might cause the traffic not to be recognized. 😃

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Leanne_T

Morning @Pyriel

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Let us know how you get on after speaking to our Customer Care team 🙂

Thanks. 

Leanne.

So an update a few days later.

I was told my video pass would be disabled and re-instated and to wait 24hrs and text VIDEO DATA PASS to 150.

This produced no effect, and the reply message from 150 was a list of default option which I assume means it didn't recognise my message.

I was also offered 5gb of data to help account for the lost data. That has not come through either.

James_B

Hi @Pyriel,

Please get in touch with Customer Care to let them know you are still experiencing issues.

They'll be happy to help.

James