cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE not unlocking my handset

No-happy
Visitor

Details: Bought direct from EE. Now out of contract. I have passed the handset to my son and need it unlocking for him to use a new network.

Tried so-far: Called a CSO 17/11/21: who confirmed that they will start the process to unlock it. Filled in the form online because there has been no response since that time, at time of posting.

Both 150 and the website seem decidedly unhelpful unless I am aiming to spend more money at EE. Can no longer get through on 150 after 45 minutes: I am assuming the 'high volume of calls' are probably other unhappy customers.

Because of this, I will be leaving EE as soon as my remaining contract expires in January: I've had enough.

Is there a more direct way to contact EE to get this sorted, rather than spending half my day listening to awful pop music and a repeated automated message of apology?

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @No-happy

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that your phone isn't unlocked yet.

What kind of phone is it?

Chris

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@No-happy  .. can't think what the problem could be. I unlocked an EE 4G Router recently - used the online form, put in the IMEI number as instructed and received an unlocking code within a couple of hours with instructions as to how to complete the process.
Double check that you are inputting the correct IMEI number as a starting point.