cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE app displaying wrong device

Oskar4
Investigator
Investigator

I got my EE SIM today and I thought I will try my phone SIM in my BT 4G Portable Hotspot, and it works fine. But the problem I'm facing is that in the My EE app under my number it says BT 4G Wi-fi Hotspot, even though that's not the device that the SIM is on. Is there any way to fix this? (My SIM is a pay as you go)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Oskar4 : The device shown is only cosmetic & does not affect your use of your device. It will change eventually after you connect using your MyEE app from the device.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Oskar4 : The device shown is only cosmetic & does not affect your use of your device. It will change eventually after you connect using your MyEE app from the device.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

I went into a monthly plan almost a year ago now  from pay as you go and the wrong phone model is showing in the app, which I find odd considering  the previous model I had brought out right and not from ee. Was told a couple of times that the phone would update in the app and still hasn’t. Coming up to a year now is crazy

@FT2  It’s doesn’t effect your usage and it’s only cosmetic,   Try using the me EE app over cellular as that’s how it updates. 

This doesn't work/update when connecting via the network rather than WiFi. Mines not updates in ages either. Sure it's only cosmetic but just another example of EE dropping the ball when it comes to the user experience. They think their too big to fail and can afford to annoy a handful of customer.