cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4GEE WIFI MINI EE70-2AE8GB3-1 CAN'T ACCESS WEBUI AFTER UPDATE

Rockman
Explorer

Hi guys, sorry I am creating this post from Ghana, I don't know if I am using the right forum but I am sure anyway, I bought a new 4GEE WIFI MINI which accepted Ghana SIM and works fine, I opened the dashboard to set my admin password and wife name, I noticed there was an update and I updated it, I was not connected to PC by then, it rebooted normally meaning it installed the update, but after that it can't open the WEBUI or dashboard anymore.... When I use 192.168.1.1 or 4gee.wifi/index.html does not work, it gives me this site can't be reached. 4gee.wifi's IP Address could not be found error all the time. I have reset the device about 6 times but still no possible solution 😔. Please help me...

Sorry if I used the wrong channels admins.... I am desperate because I love this pocket mifi and don't seem to have solution on Google search 😔 

5 REPLIES 5
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Rockman ,

Does the mobile router provide internet access even though it does not show its management page?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk

Yes it does provide Internet access, that is what I am connected to right now! Thanks for replying 😊

Hi @Rockman ,

Is this device one you got from EE as part of a contact, or one purchased second hand?

I would recommend to use a free mobile app to discover active IPs in case the management IP is now different.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/find-ip-address-of-all-devices-home-network-fing/

Until you can positively determine where that software update came from, I would recommend being cautious accessing any important websites using that internet connection.

From your reports, the provenance of this device is unknown, it may be behaving differently to how we might expect on a foreign network, and the provenance of the software you have installed is unknown. On top of that, it's not clear that you have control of the device in regard to its new firmware.

If you cannot regain control of the device and resolve the question marks above, it would be safer from a security stand point to replace the device and recycle the misbehaving device.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Try cleaning your Browser Cookies and Cashe, and or Install from fresh another Browser.

After the above Reboot the Router and wait at least 5 Minutes before attempting to Login to the WebUI.

Factory Reset the router, a press stud marked 'R' under the battery cover.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)