cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

E-mail recieved detailing failure of payment of my bill even though my bill has

Calgon108
Investigator
Investigator

I recieved an E-mail this morning detailing my bill payment had failed and that another attempt would be made to take my bill payment or alternatively disconnect my account.

however there was no issue with my bill payment, it was debited in full and is detailed as debited on the EE-app and my online banking statement.

why am I recieving this E-mail? Is this a glitch?

also for a while every so often I have been recieving text messages from EE detailing I have almost exceeded my data allowance or my data allowance has been used completely, again which has never been the case at all, I have a huge data plan and haven’t ever came close to almost using it all or running out again I check the EE app when I recieve these messages and it still shows I have more than sufficient data left?

why am I recieving these E-mails and text messages?

please can someone help or someone from EE please amend this glitch as it can be worrying to recieve, especially when I am working at sea.

9 REPLIES 9
Sammy_lou1985
Visitor

I too received this email too earlier on this morning. My bill isn't due till 10th July and I've checked my account and and online banking and both say payment has been debited. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

What was the exact email address you received these emails from?

It sounds potentially like a scam to me, and nothing to do with EE.

The E-mail was from EE, no E-mail address given beyond that, it also details not to reply to EE and to only contact them by calling 150 on your EE handset or alternatively call the customer services number which was provided which matches the number given on the EE website.

This is clearly an issue with EE. I have no idea why I am recieving these texts and E-mails.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Calgon108,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to check these messages are genuine emails from EE. Please get in touch on 150.

Thanks

James

I work at sea, so I have ZERO phone reception, there fore it is impossible for me to call anyone, let alone your customer care team.

If there was a dedicated customer service E-mail then I would be able to get in touch, but unfortunately this no longer seems to be the case.

Can someone please assist with this now?

I fail to understand why there are operatives dedicated to replying to EE comunity forum posts, yet no dedicated customer service E-mail address, especially in this day and age.
James_B

Hi @Calgon108,

You can chat with our Customer Care Team online via My EE. Just look out for the invitation to chat once you have logged in.

If you are in the UK, you can also start a chat at ee.co.uk/contact-ee.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

Thankyou again for your reply James

But again unfortunately this online live chat service doesn’t work for me.

I have very slow, intermittent internet service at sea, which is also very limited as I only have access for a short specified time period per day, which is needed for access to E-mails and to contact loved ones.

As I said before a dedicated customer service E-mail is required for me to be able to communicate.

Certain customers like myself are isolated from being able to get in touch to resolve matters like the issues in my initial post as we do not always have the other methods of communication suggested by yourself available to us.

I am not happy that I could be facing a lengthy wait till I return home from sea to have my issues resolved, rather than having access to basic customer service contact facilities in order to have these issues addressed promptly.

There must be some form of alternative?
James_B

Hi @Calgon108,

Sorry, our Customer Care Team don't have an email contact channel. If you are unable to contact them via online chat, please get in touch by phone when it is convenient for you.

James

Jonesey1345
Visitor

To admin for the second time u have sent me a bill for.a ne.for a.stolen  mobile in january which obviously is in use still after already reporting this and calling ur numba ee  operates in this way illegally o should receive compensation for this and.am notnpaying I have sent.this to ombudsman thanks please.don't send.anymore letters like this thanks.as custimer I am not happy or would use u again.

Thanks craig Jones.