cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Draytek Vigor 2860 Settings

Alcoraptor
Investigator
Investigator

I'm trying to replace my EE Brightbox with a Draytek 2860 VDSL2 router, but am having some trouble with the settings.

I know it's not supported by EE, but I was wondering if anyone had any success getting it running.

Some background:

- I have FTTC, with the router plugged directly into the wall socket

- The EE Brightbox works fine and has no issues at all with stability

- The Draytek has no issues with the line, and reports SHOWTIME with 48,999kbps down and 13,461kbps up with a SNR of anywhere between 0 and -6db in each direction

- The Draytek automatically inserts a VLAN tag of 101

- The Draytek firmware is 3.9.1_BT (576D17)

- The VDSL firmware is 576D17_A/B/C with Vectoring support, although the syslog states that G.INP Vectoring is disabled on the line

- I have tried MTUs of 1480 and 1492, 1500

I have tried setting the Draytek up in PPPoE mode, with the credentials supplied by EE, and it occasionally gets an IP - but it does not stay connected for longer than 2 minutes. I get an error on WAN1 of PPP Shutdown, usually within about 15 seconds, and the syslog says Remote Terminated.

Usually, however, it does not get an IP at all, and the line goes into FAIL followed by TRAINING, and the connection process starts again.

I have also tried, as per the advice on other forums, setting the mode to MPoA with 1483 Bridged IP LLC Encapsulation (VPI 0, VCI 101, Modulation Multimode) , and Obtain an IP address automatically.

The line goes into SHOWTIME, but the router does not ever obtain an IP address (the SysLog states that Option 61 is enabled, but all of the DHCP IPs are 0.0.0.0), and eventually the line goes into RESET followed by TRAINING after about 30 seconds.

Has anyone had any luck getting the Draytek to work, or can shed any light on it?

31 REPLIES 31
pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@XRaySpeXI cannot see anywhere that other than their BT firmware has passed Openreach testing. What I do see it this.

"When connecting a DrayTek Vigor router directly to a VDSL2 connection on Openreach's "Fiber To the Cabinet" (FTTC) network, we recommend to use the "BT" suffix firmware. Firmware versions that end with "BT", '3.8.4.2_BT' as an example, have passed Openreach's SIN498 MCT testing."

To me that imples none of the other firmware has passed it. They only refer to the BT suffix as having passed.

edit:   I'll see it I can get any info from Openreach about this.

@pip11 wrote:

as an example

An example doesn't prove others aren't!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)