cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Delivery query

amicuspro
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Nokia phone with cashback and received an e-mail stating it was out of stock, however I've been checking and it's in stock/has been back in stock since the order went in around 13 days ago.  In the e-mail I was advised to call to arrange an alternative.  I don't see the point in changing the order for an alternate when it appears to be in stock, especially as I would also lose out on any cashback that I have lined up.  Any thoughts?  If it's just a case of waiting a bit longer, that's ok as I'm not in a major hurry, but I don't want to phone and confirm an order then lose out on the cashback.

If I try and use the tracker it is just saying "it can't be shown right now" but I'll be kept informed.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@amicuspro  If it’s out of stock the tracking isn’t going to work as you have nothing to track and you wouldn’t have a tracking number as no device can be allocated to you.   

What Nokia device as there is more than one type. 

It was the Nokia 105.  I've just noticed that EE decided to cancel my order "because they hadn't heard back".  So bye-bye cashback, bye-bye EE.  Looks like they'll be losing our other phones soon.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that, @amicuspro.

Did you have an email saying that we needed to talk to you about your order?

Chris

If you read my initial e-mail above, you'll see that I did, but the e-mail indicated out of stock and didn't warn me that the order would be cancelled after a set time.  As I could see that it was continuously listed as "in stock" on the website across the 2 weeks in between, and knowing that I would lose my cashback if I "confirmed" my order, I was stuck.  If there was no stock then why has the site continued to list it as "in stock" and why, when it's in stock, hasn't EE fulfilled the order as originally agreed when they have not been advised otherwise?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Ah yes, I see that now, @amicuspro.

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you. Could you have a look and get back to me please?

Chris