cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Cancelling an upgrade ordered to store

Cornish78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently visited an EE franchise store as I am due an upgrade, I’ve been with Apple for ages but can’t justify the cost of the latest handsets.

The store staff sold me on the idea of a Galaxy Watch and Huawei P30 Pro which handily come in at slightly lower than my iPhone 7 Plus and series 3 Apple Watch.

I have the watch already but phone is taking a while to get in the colour I want.

I have come across numerous issues with the Galaxy watch, it’s basically garbage and doesn’t do any of the things I need it to. As the watch combo is important to me I’ll need to cancel both. I know I can get EE to cancel and collect the watch, but what about the handset as it’s not actually completed the upgrade yet, do I have to go to the store and tell them, or do I have to wait for the phone to turn up and cancel it? It’s wholly inconvenient as the EE store isn’t particularly local to me so I only want to have to make one trip.

17 REPLIES 17

Before you ask here is the delivery note I got with a contract phone from EE.  Please note the date also.  

6EA1A6BD-FC24-4B7D-8768-6B1C8C5DF7C3.jpeg

Please read the last part.   

Sorry, @Chris_B , I was correcting your incorrect statement of fact. I'll rephrase it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX   Did you read what’s in the image.    Clearly says store sale and 14 days so please stop giving incorrect information when you clearly have no way to prove what your saying and yet I very clearly do. 

Sorry the 2nd image will not post even from a different browser.  Still you can zoom in on my first image. 

@Cornish78   Seeing as you don’t have the device and you had to order and you did this via a store you can cancel it.    

14 day cooling of period via a store order as per my delivery note from EE. 

@Chris_B : I'm going by EE's stated How do I cancel a contract within 14 days? policy:

How do I cancel a contract within 14 days in store?

We don’t offer a change-of-mind policy in store but if you’re experiencing coverage issues, or our coverage doesn’t meet your expectations, you can return your purchase within the first 14 days to any of our stores.

Also EE retail returns policy :

Within 14 days: You can cancel your account for ‘no coverage’ – ie if you don’t have sufficient network coverage.

which I understand is displayed in EE stores.

Well, your delivery note seems to imply that you may return the goods for any reason, not just for 'no coverage'. I don't believe that to be true in the light of EE's documented policies. I wouldn't like to say which would be followed were you to try & take an item back. Nevertheless, despite the store's policy, you can always fall back on your statutory rights where the goods are faulty incl. not fit for purpose as here.

Well, is that enough "proof" for you of the contrary position?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX   I know what they state and after I got this I know that  they do not state that on this delivery note.  As you cannot except what I  originally put even though I said I had proof and you had no idea what that proof was/is or from who you still come back trying to get the better of me what is wrong with you. 

Profile closed
Not applicable

@Cornish78 you might find that once you get the P30 Pro the Galaxy Watch performs much better. And you might be very happy with the P30 Pro itself, too. 

@Profile closed I have no issues with the P30 Pro as a phone, but I’ve already checked with tech support at EE and Samsung who both confirmed without a Samsung phone the watch doesn’t provide basic features like replying to texts. It also doesn’t use the same number when out of Bluetooth Range of phone. If I didn’t need a watch too I’d gladly swap to the Huawei