cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

By Sport ID003 error

Innomad
Investigator
Investigator

BT Sport and EE have managed to ruin my evening by cancelling my subscription to BTSport when upgrading to a new EE smart 5G plan.

I even pay extra for large screen access so effectively £20per month extra down the drain!

I now have to relive my youth and listen to the game on the radio! 

Spent 2hrs on the phone with BT and EE today and neither could sort it out! 

apparently it’s a known problem and BT need to rebuild my account????

Not sure why they couldn’t even do the right thing and give me a voucher for 24 hrs access or give me access via one of my other lines (I have 3!).

Anyone else had the same problem? Any tips on how you sorted it out.

Might just cancel my lines tomorrow and sign-up to virgin media or sky!

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Innomad  Have you tried using THIS  You’ll find more about that link HERE 

Tried that earlier today, no luck but thanks for the tip.

I guess radio 5 live it is :-(.

can’t believe the amount I spend with EE and still missing such a good game!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that, @Innomad.

Hopefully our technical team can get it sorted in time for the sport at the weekend.

Chris

Managed to fix for a day myself by signing-up with a different email address and lost access again today! This is getting really ridiculous.

Not sure what EE/BT are playing at.

Can you please escalate this to a senior engineer as I am missing another Football game today!

I really regret upgrading.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Innomad.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with our Technical team so they can escalate this further for you.

Jon

thanks Jon,

it’s a really shame your were unable to escalate.

Hopefully EE can provide some detailed guidance on the community forum to help other customers deal with what looks like a major issue affecting a lot of customers who have just upgraded!

after speaking to tech support apparently this is a known issue with the tech operator I spoke to having personally helped 14 other customers with exactly the same issue! If you multiply that by number of operators/customers, there must be thousands having the same issue

Apparently all they can do is fill out a webform and wait 24hrs for BT to rebuild the account.

it’s very surprising BT and EE feel this is an acceptable level of service!

BT and EE really need to sort this out and introduce single sign on/merge bt sport account info so these issues don’t keep happening. 

I have submitted a complaint about my experience as this issue appears to be swept under the carpet and needs to be urgently sorted out.

How many customer do EE need to lose before they start doing something about it?