cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Broken samsung fit

Joannemcc
Investigator
Investigator

Bought Samsung fit watch just over 2 months ago on the add to plan. The strap has snapped from the watch face. Contacted ee who put me on to samsung who then told me I should be going through ee. They said I could buy a new strap but surely its under warranty? Noone can tell me if I can cancel the contract and return the item. I would rather get a better smart watch. 

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Joannemcc  I hate to say this but watch straps don’t just break  they need physical input from yourself.   while you could go through EE and why not you’ll probably be charged for a new strap as this is wear and tear as straps don’t just break.  

I have wore the watch every day. I have done nothing that should cause the strap to break. I could understand if I had broke it myself but it has been day to day wear for 2 months. 

Hi @Joannemcc

Your warranty is with Samsung for the watch, so if they are unable to to replace it I'm afraid we can't help. Sorry.

Thanks 

Chris

I spoke to Samsung who told me to go back to the retailer. Essentially I'm paying for something not fit for purpose for then next 9 months? Really?

I'm not sure why they've referred you back to us @Joannemcc,

Did they by and chance say why they couldn't replace it and thought we could? 

Thanks 

Chris

They did not. They just said I should go through the retailer. 

From Samsung support...

Please allow me to explain that we can only process a refund if the device was purchased from our Samsung Shop team within 28days from the date of purchase, What we can offer to you right now is a warranty base repair. If you would like to process your refund, please get in touch with EE.

Again from samsung support...

I apologise for that. However, we can only process your refund if you purchased the device from our online shop. But since you purchased the device with EE, they are the only one who can process your refund.

I've checked this and we can't replace a watch strap or process a return. 

If Samsung have looked into this and wont replace the strap then that's their decision to make as your warranty for things like wear and tear is with them.

If it was some kind of technical issue then we could look in to this further, but as it's not our hands are tied.

Thanks 

Chris