cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Boku

MS04
Investigator
Investigator

So I am FURIOUS. I have been fraudulently charged nearly £400 by EE OVER MY BILLby EE for 3rd party services I have NEVER requested or received by BOKU. This is DISGUSTING as after over an hour on the phone to EE customer services, there’s nothing they are prepared to do to help me. Contacted Boku and they’ve been less than helpful.

EE happily pay 3rd parties and bill me for something I knew NOTHING about. My contract with EE. This is not how to treat customers. Surely EE SHOULD CONTACT CUSTOMERS before they pay 3rd parties. Anyone know how I can get my money back?

Already put stop on all phones now for 3rd party sellers.

EE must be getting some financial incentive to allow this to happen. 

30 REPLIES 30
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @ionica1984

Welcome to the community.

Are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

What happens when you try and set up payments via Boku?

Thanks.

Leanne.

This is awful and happening a lot EE have a responsibility for younger children. BOKU is a scam company 

No the parent is responsible for their own children. Don't push this onto companies.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Hello I’ve had a similar situation happened to me Boku have taken 230pounds out of my we account. Through PlayStation transactions. I did not give any consent for this and been in touch with the company Since. Is there any advice you can give me to get a refund? 

regards 

richard smith 

Hi

My account had been hacked hence the money billed to me. You need to initially contact Sony and tell them that your account has been hacked- they will investigate and block Boku if they see that the credits are not actually from your Sony account. Next contact EE and explain what happened...get everything in writing, send it all to Boku, and after many weeks/ months and many times chasing it up, they should refund EE who will credit your account.

Good luck.

Kind regards

Manjeet

Hi

could you help me please I’ve been scammed by the same company. I got a message from my sister saying her laptop was blocked and could she use my phone number to get a code to unlock it. She apparently kept getting it wrong. Turns out her Instagram had be hacked and this wasn’t her, but by this time they had added £180 onto my EE bill. I called EE and all they said is because they havnt issue the bill it’s on yet theh can do anything. 

what do I do? I’m currently on maternity so have no income, I don’t have £180 to pay this.

@Misschelsearhi wrote:

Hi

could you help me please I’ve been scammed by the same company. I got a message from my sister saying her laptop was blocked and could she use my phone number to get a code to unlock it. She apparently kept getting it wrong. Turns out her Instagram had be hacked and this wasn’t her, but by this time they had added £180 onto my EE bill. I called EE and all they said is because they havnt issue the bill it’s on yet theh can do anything. 

what do I do? I’m currently on maternity so have no income, I don’t have £180 to pay this.

Contact Action Fraud to start with.

You have been scammed but not a lot can be done. You willingly did this yourself. No one is liable to refund you.

What type of code did they make you get?

FA56BA60-2017-42D1-A256-A1EED14A3A7E.jpeg

You willingly gave these over.

But what I don't understand wouldn't your friend already have your number? So them asking for it to receive a code should have been a red flag.