cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Bill issue

Xdb15127
Investigator
Investigator

Sooo about 5 days ago I upgraded to a new phone which was meant to arrive on Saturday, but I then got a message saying that due to the high numbers of people wanting that phone it may take longer to get to me, which I'm fine with. My only issue is my issue of paying bills as the bill for my old phone is due on the 4th of December. If my new phone arrives after this date, will I have to pay for both the bill for my new phone and my old phone during the month of December? I think this would be quite unfair as if would only be a few days I am using my old phone for.

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Xdb15127 

Welcome to the community 🙂

Is this an upgrade or a new number on your account?

Have you increased your price plan?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

It's an upgrade, however my new plan is £1 less than my old plan.

Thanks 

Xdb15127

Leanne_T

Hi @Xdb15127

Thanks for confirming this for me 🙂

The new plan should not start until your new phone has been dispatched you will get a text confirming your new plan 🙂

Our Understanding your bill after an upgrade Help page, has information on your first bill after you upgrade with us.

If you would like to get your plan looked into and check when this will start give our Mobile Care team a call on 150.

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne,

Will I still have to pay for my old plan as I still have a month left on this plan but I will only be using it for a few days as hopefully my new phone will arrive soon. I just don't want to have to pay for my old phone and for my new phone in the next pay as I will only be using my old phone for a few days into that payment. 

Hopefully i'm making sense! 

Xdb15127

Leanne_T

Hi there @Xdb15127

When is your next bill date?

When you upgrade we don’t charge you straight away. Instead, we wait until your usual bill date and then charge you for the weeks you’ve used so far.

On that same bill we’ll also charge you your standard amount for the month ahead, as line rental is paid in advance, which means that this bill will be larger than normal.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

My old plan restarts on the 4th of December but hopefully new phone will be here around the 6th (I'm assuming), meaning I will only be using my old plan for around about 2 days before I then use my new plan.

Xdb15127

Leanne_T

Hi there @Xdb15127

If you give our Mobile Care team a call on 150, they can check your new plan start date and help you with this 🙂

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Bills are split pro-rata between old & new plans.

If you get your upgrade by the 6th Dec your Jan bill should:

1. Credit you with 29 days of the old plan.
  2. Charge you for 29 days on the new plan.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)