cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Battery health

Joshbrock15
Visitor

I have had my iPhone 12 now for 7 months or so and the battery health has gone down to 96% capacity already and decreasing. Is there anything that can be done about it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

That actually sounds pretty good. Generally speaking batteries can be expected to be around 80% after two years. 

Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

That is nothing to be concerned about 🙂

Apple have a setting on their iPhone's which prolongs batteries/battery health, and generally it is switched on by default.

The setting I refer to is in Settings/Battery/Battery Health. In there you will see "Optimised Battery Charging". Usually it is switched on by default. 

My partner typically has her iPhone for around three years, and even after this time the battery capacity is still in the mid to high 80's and she notices no loss in battery life. 

KurtONice
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My iPhone 11 Pro Max I had for 2 years suprise that my battery heath is still 100% which I surpise because when I had the iPhone 7 Plus my battery heath went down 55% after 4 years paid £45 at the Apple store because that time went to EE store they couldn't change it on the spot even when the EE insurance was still active