cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple IPhone 12 less than 4 month old broken!

HollieG11
Investigator
Investigator

Purchased an IPhone 12 on contract when they were first released. Everything worked fine until now, phone needs resetting, will not let me turn on the WIFI or Bluetooth, the camera will not focus or take pictures it just freezes on the screen, the torch will not switch on. I have contacted Apple multiple times and as there stores are shut they suggested sending it out on mail in, which we have done twice now! They respond saying the phone doesn't have a fault which is incorrect, so I have recorded the fault and sent it to them and they say it needs to be took in store to fixed not on the mail in (which doesn't make sense to me at all). As the contract is with you and it is under a year old I wondered if EE could help me with this? We didn't take out any additional insurance on purchase but I thought there may be a warranty with EE as it is a very new phone and I am currently paying for a phone that doesn't work!? 

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @HollieG11

Welcome to the EE Community. 

You are correct, you are still under manufacturer warranty for your handset as Apple warranty is for 12 months. 

You can also try giving us a call and speaking with our technical care team who can complete a diagnostics for you. 

Katie 🙂

is the warranty through yourself (EE) or Apple? as Apple are being very unhelpful. 

Katie_B

Hi @HollieG11

Manufacturer warranty would be through Apple. 

Please be sure to give our technical care team a call who can look into your issue before directing back to Apple. 

Katie 🙂

How do I do that please?

Katie_B

Hello @HollieG11

Please call 150 from your EE handset and select the options for technical support. 

Katie 🙂