cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Additional SIM / share data

Glynwilson
Explorer

Hi, I have just fitted a android screen into my car and it has the facility to put a sim card in so was wondering if I could get an additional SIM to my contract one to put in it or share data to it without having another contract.  At the moment I have to create a mobile hotspot everyone.  Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Glynwilson 

The quick answer is no, one SIM=one mobile number=one plan.

You could get an additional SIM with its own plan, and if you make sure it gets put on the same billing account as your existing plan, you can share data between them. Meaning you could have a big data allowance on your "master" number, and then minimal ones on every other device.

Just wanted to avoid paying for another contract as already have 1 for me 1 for my wife and 1 for each of my two kids, would imagine the cheapest contract would be £15-£20 per month

Oh absolutely, I'm sure you did! This query does come up occasionally, and having multiple SIMs that are "bodged" at a network-level to behave as though they're the same number (although they're not) was a chargeable service that VF & Orange both used to offer in a couple of guises. Orange was the last to be withdrawn about 3+ years ago.

Check out EE SIM only shop - £13/month on a minimum term of 12months, would be your best bet I suspect.