cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Smart Wifi - My expreience

Jonm80
Investigator
Investigator

Just thought id share with the community my experience when it came to ordering my second wifi disk yesterday..

I called and asked for an additional wifi disk as I was finding that I was having issues in multiple locations in my house.

the first advisor informed me that i might not be able to have an extra one as it depends how long you've had smart wifi.

a second advisor said "we don't just give out wifi disks to anyone" and I'll have to run diagnostics. (fair I don't mind following process, though I was appalled by that statement)

Can I do a video call? - no, I don't want to do that.

she ran diagnostics and found 1 device with a weak signal, my EE app found a few more than one to say the least!

So basically EE doesn't want to give you what you've signed up for - or that's the message I'm being sent here.

I found that I had to put the advisor right and state that I pay for Smart wifi, I told her that she's more or less saying I cant have additional wifi disks 

I'll be taking the issue up with trading standards.

I did get the extra disk ordered, Though its a real shame of the level of resistance to get an additional wifi disk.

moral of the story - just buy the extra disk (I was told you couldn't buy these separately before) that will save you having to enter into a new 24 month contract.

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jonm80 

The other solution is you could buy a better more suitable route with better WiFi that will last you longer and provide better coverage.

I'm still amazed by people complaining about the free kit they are sent by the carrier. Do you really think it's the best available or the cheapest the carrier can source? This is why they have these useless extra bits of kit to "boost" "improve" WiFi coverage.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonm80,

I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty ordering an additional WiFi disc. I'm glad one is now on the way and I hope it resolves the WiFi issues you have been experiencing.

James

@Northerner Granted I was having a rant, my point being which you completely missed  was simply expressing how annoyed I was.

Yes I could by kit that claims to be better, why would I when I am effectively paying for it as a service!