cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

About new Sim card number porting

Ocean3
Visitor

I just purchased a new monthly sim card and filled out the transfer information for my previous number when I placed my order.

1. I inserted the new sim card for activation last Saturday, will the number transfer process be completed automatically on Tuesday?

2. I registered my EE account, but I haven't associated my phone number yet, should I wait for the number transfer to be completed and then link my previous number?

3. I received an SMS bill reminder that I need to make a bill payment on September 19th. Is the 19th the natural checkout date? Or does it count from the day I activate it?

4. I received an EE SMS alerting me that I have a headset delivery, is this a fraudulent SMS? I did not find this option when I made the purchase.

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Ocean3 

Welcome to the EE community

1: There's no account access on this public web forum, so I would recommend calling EE C/S on 150 if you want to query your specific port-in.

2: I don't believe there's any official guidance, but I'd personally wait until your port-in has completed. It just removes potential complications.

3: You will have a monthly bill cycle date, and payment is due after that - if you have a direct debit, it's taken ~10 working days beyond that.

4: Can you post the exact text of the message you received?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Ocean3 

Welcome to the EE community

1: There's no account access on this public web forum, so I would recommend calling EE C/S on 150 if you want to query your specific port-in.

2: I don't believe there's any official guidance, but I'd personally wait until your port-in has completed. It just removes potential complications.

3: You will have a monthly bill cycle date, and payment is due after that - if you have a direct debit, it's taken ~10 working days beyond that.

4: Can you post the exact text of the message you received?

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ocean3   Are you moving from a different network to EE ?  or are you already an EE customer ?  If you already an EE customer you can not move a contract number to a new contract unless you terminate the original first and then make that number a pay-as-you-go number and then you can move it to your new account.   You need to upgrade to retain the number the easy way. (The correct way) 

if you moving from a different network to EE the new number will be ported Tuesday as it takes up to 24 hours so it would’ve been started today. (Number ports don’t happen or start over the weekend) 

the billing doesn’t start when you activate the sim it already has.  

as for the text it’s a standard automatic text from EE even if you got a sim only