cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4GEE Mini WiFi Router - Not Working (Again)

charlotteb19
Investigator
Investigator

I have had my 4GEE mini router since December and it is used away from my home to provide a WiFi connection for two Ring security cameras at a separate location. 

This combination has previously worked fine. 

I switched to a monthly data plan for the WiFi router last week rather than pay as you go and since then the router will not connect to the cameras, there is no problem with the Ring cameras as they are connecting to my home WiFi fine, which I did as a test to see if it was the cameras which were faulty.

Since I have had the router, once switched on, the blue lights appear initially and then go off completely. No lights stay on, the router is always fully charged.

I was on the phone for hours last week to the EE tech team going through trouble shooters, which have not worked, even with a new sim. 

I'd like to know if it is possible to get a replacement router in this case as the product is faulty and I am unable to use it? 

20 REPLIES 20
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The router can't be faulty if it worked with a PAYG SIM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX 

On numerous occasions the cameras have been unable to connect to the router, as has my mobile phone & laptop, even with the PAYG sim.

Since I’ve had the box, none of the lights have stayed on continuously.

If you don’t think it’s faulty, I’m interested to hear if you can offer a solution?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's not what you previously said:

@charlotteb19 wrote:

This combination has previously worked fine. 

I offer no solution, merely logic based on your OP.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX 

Yes, the combination has previously worked fine, however, on numerous occasions the cameras have been unable to connect to the router, as has my mobile phone & laptop, even with the PAYG sim.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @charlotteb19

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Sarah872
Visitor

Im currently having the same problem had my mini box since last October on pay as you go and worked perfect, swapped to pay monthly 2 week ago and red light on signal. The pay monthly sim

works fine in a phone and a pay and go sim works fine in the box. Been on to EE 3 times and got nowhere 😩 any help would be greatly appreciated 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sarah872

Welcome to the community.

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

I have a similar issue.

I have Blink cameras and they worked fime on a Huawei O2 4g mini router.

I have swapped out of that and have an EE mini wifi and I cannot now get the sync module for these cameras to connect to the new EE 4G mini.

I have read that the cameras will not work with 5Ghz wifi but would have thought the mini would be 2.4 or 5??

This is so frustrating as I've taken out a 24m contract for the EE mini specifically for using with the cameras but pointless if they can't connect with it.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so how did you get round it?

If your WiFi Mini does support 2.4 and 5ghz Bands then it will probably be one or the other, so your have to manually change it within settings on the Routers Admin Page WebUI.

You may also find after doing this that you may need to set up and reconnect any Devices again that were using the other Band.