cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSiM Change of number

Storm63
Investigator
Investigator

I recently contacted EE to get the number that was associated with the eSiM on my Iphone changed.   I have a physical sim and an activated eSiM and I changed the mobile number on the latter.   Three days later, I am still not able to make calls from or to that number.  (three beeps and disconnected).    When I check on the phone, it seems to be on a network.   I am currently in the USA so it's on T-Mobile.    Question : You don't have to be on the EE network in the UK to effect the number change and activation?   Everything I've read about eSiM activation indicates you need to be on a wifi

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Storm63 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Did you transfer the new number from another network? 

Can you send and receive texts? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Storm63   You requested your number to be changed whilst on a roaming network ?     WiFi has nothing to do with eSIM and why would it and what would you do if you didn’t have access to WiFi and had to use eSIM.  

Your problem is you’re not connected to the EE network for that new number to be migrated to your eSIM.     There’s nothing you can do until you’re back in the UK.  You could request a replacement sim and that would be posted to your billing address from there someone will have to activate the sim before they post it to you in the US.  

Chris, you sound surprised.   

I did it because I am not going back to the UK but needed an updated number.   2. To activate an eSiM requires you to be on WiFi and not a network and I was advised the same was true of a number update.    Anyway, the number is connecting to a network (T-Mobile) and showing full signal strength, but it's not allowing incoming or outgoing calls.

I've been working with EE Support and not once have they stated it's due to the fact I have to be on an EE Network to facilitate the change.

Update :  The phone is now working once EE completed some diagnostics.    I did not once connect to an EE network as I am in the USA, so all was completed via wireless and/or 3rd party providers.    The EE support team on X (Twitter) were really helpful in getting this resolved.