cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer e-sim to new phone

Uturn
Explorer

Hi. I have my new iPhone arriving tomorrow and I will need to transfer the esim from my old iPhone to the new one. How do I do this? Please note that I have purchased the new iPhone directly from Apple and not EE. Thanks. 

22 REPLIES 22

Just follow my steps 

Like I said. This is definitely how you transfer an esim not a sim. 

Unfortunately, getting a replacement esim did not work for me, as when I try to install it on the new iphone, it says "a dataplan form EE is already added to the iphone" because the data plan is transferred when you transfer form old to new.  iphone offers no option to delete this non working data plan, No solution so far.

Mine worked after ten minutes. Try the instructions again. The ee technical support team were great at explaining what to do. You have to follow some instructions on your old phone too which I have explained that will disconnect you but leave you free to switch to new phone. It’s worked on both mine and and husbands new phones without a single problem. We use an actual lobster SIM card in phone so a  esim is our only option. We did it all in Spain and worked. Try calling ee but my instructions should do the trick as they are step by step what I went through with ee. 

I have to say, reading this thread, what a faff this is. I was going to download an eSIM to my new Pixel 7, but frankly a SIM can simply be popped out of a phone and popped into another. I see no advantage to having an eSIM, and losing my ability to use a phone for up to 24 hours. 

If you could simply delete an eSIM, and download it to a new device, fine. But going by your detailed instructions (thanks) it is not that straightforward. 

Or am I missing something? 

I have found it useful when I have had 2 phones, in my case a work and personal one, I have the personal sim set up via esim and the work one is physical, saves carrying 2 phones around everywhere but I agree that a lot of people dont or wont need it.

Unfortunately some of the advice in this thread is not up to date

When setting up a new iPhone it will transfer the esim from your old iPhone. It’s will even convert a physical SIM to esim if you want. 

As Caroline says, If the phone is already setup, then you can use the My EE app to download the esim. 

Did you have to pay anything at that point? I walked home with my device from the store not expecting any extra charges when transferring to the new one but it's an eSim so never transferred that before mysel. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TeamGrieves 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you are transferring the eSIM to your new device there should be no charge, as you are not ordering a new eSIM.

Please see our What is an eSIM Help page and then look under the Can I transfer my SIM or eSIM to my new phone? section for more details 🙂

Leanne. 

chg1282002
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

rubbish ! last month I downward the esim from your EE app and it cost me £1.50 !