cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer e-sim to new phone

Uturn
Explorer

Hi. I have my new iPhone arriving tomorrow and I will need to transfer the esim from my old iPhone to the new one. How do I do this? Please note that I have purchased the new iPhone directly from Apple and not EE. Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TeamGrieves 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you are transferring the eSIM to your new device there should be no charge, as you are not ordering a new eSIM.

Please see our What is an eSIM Help page and then look under the Can I transfer my SIM or eSIM to my new phone? section for more details 🙂

Leanne. 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
sambobmac
Contributor
Contributor

You’re not able to transfer an e-sim and instead will need to get a replacement e-sim sent out to you.

In normal circumstances you could just pop into an EE store for it, but as they’re shut you’ll need to contact CS to get them to post a replacement. 

Give 150 a call, or try and get on the webchat in MyEE

So I ordered a replacement eSIM and hopefully it arrives tomorrow. What happens after that? Does it automatically have my number or do I need to call EE customer support up to do something?

I think you’ll just need to activate it once you’ve got it on your new phone,

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/activate-a-new-sim/how-do-i-activate-an...

This guide should help outline the next steps

smallfish
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Did they charge for the 'new' eSim?

Yes they do, its less than £1.50. Sorry, cant remember the exact amount

Carolinej80
Investigator
Investigator

Yes it can be done as I have just done it. Set everything up on your new phone first and keep old phone switched on as you will receive a pin on it. Here is how you do it.  Go on your EE app and log in. Tap on three lines in top corner. Go to settings/device/replace my sim/chose the correct phone number of e sim/go to instant download/select the device for e sim download to the correct phone/ download activate where you will then get a PIN number on your old phone. Enter this on new phone/ activate. I did this and it didn’t work so I panicked and rang EE. They advised me is can take 24 hours however in good old fashion technology I switched device on and off again and hey presto it’s worked. Hope this helps. 

Hi Carolinej80 - Do you still need to order a new e-sim for the new phone first?  Or do you just get the EE app on the new phone and follow your steps?

The marked solution is not a solution.  The article asks how to transfer an esim not a SIM card

This is how you transfer your esim not a sim. Mine is working great. I also have a lobster actual sim in my phone as I spend time in Spain.