cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning phones to Likewise and EE charging me for not returning them

Dazsss
Investigator
Investigator

Two iPhones 14 Pro Max were returned, as part of upgrade to latest iPhones, in December '23. I have two tracking numbers for Royal Mail, which Likewise and EE have, that show (with picture evidence) that Likewise had the two phones. 

EE have placed the cost of the two phones onto my bill as they say they have not been returned.

I have called EE 5 times, each for nearly an hour, and spoken to Likewise, too.

Likewise confirm that two parcels were delivered to them, from the tracking numbers, but said that they could not track where in their system the phones were; this was before Christmas.

Then EE said that Likewise said the devices were not disconnected from iCloud (untrue). Then they said that the phones delivered were not the ones they were expecting (untrue as I only had those two phones to return, which I did).

EE are constantly trying to make this my problem. I returned the phones. I have tracking and delivery proof of this. Likewise told me before Christmas that they didn't know where the phones were. 

Why is this my issue? I have completed my contractual duty. Likewise is EE's supplier, not mine, and a search of these forums will show many, many people having similar issues with Likewise.

I initially didn't get any return packages from Likewise and had to ask EE to get them sent again. Maybe this has caused issues in Likewize's tracking? Either way, why is this my issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Dazsss
Investigator
Investigator

Two iPhones 14 Pro Max were returned, as part of upgrade to latest iPhones, in December '23. I have two tracking numbers for Royal Mail, which Likewise and EE have, that show (with picture evidence) that Likewise had the two phones. 

EE have placed the cost of the two phones onto my bill as they say they have not been returned.

I have called EE 5 times, each for nearly an hour, and spoken to Likewise, too.

Likewise confirm that two parcels were delivered to them, from the tracking numbers, but said that they could not track where in their system the phones were; this was before Christmas.

Then EE said that Likewise said the devices were not disconnected from iCloud (untrue). Then they said that the phones delivered were not the ones they were expecting (untrue as I only had those two phones to return, which I did).

EE are constantly trying to make this my problem. I returned the phones. I have tracking and delivery proof of this. Likewise told me before Christmas that they didn't know where the phones were. 

Why is this my issue? I have completed my contractual duty. Likewise is EE's supplier, not mine, and a search of these forums will show many, many people having similar issues with Likewise.

I initially didn't get any return packages from Likewise and had to ask EE to get them sent again. Maybe this has caused issues in Likewize's tracking? Either way, why is this my issue?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dazsss 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened with your trade in devices. 

Have our mobile guides opened an investigation to get this looked into? 

Our How to 'Trade In' Your Old Device with EE, Help page has advice if the device goes missing. 

Leanne.