cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I phone battery drain

Clifford11j
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, has any one experienced iPhone battery drain since joining EE ?

I was transferred over from Plusnet just over a month ago and have noticed the battery on my iPhone 6s does not last half as long as it use to, checked the battery use and condition and all looks normal with a battery condition of 90%. My wife has the same phone and has experienced the same issue. The battery drain appears to be worse over night when not in use , and no app’s running in the background.

Any ideas much appreciated 

107 REPLIES 107
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Clifford11j  When was the battery replaced in the device and where did you get that replacement from.    

Clifford11j
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Hi, The battery has not been replaced as the phone has not had a lot of use since purchased, my wife’s phone however was replaced approx after 2 years under warranty by John Lewis because the battery failed

Sent from my iPad

@Clifford11j   The 6s was discontinued on 2018 and was released in 2015 so even if you got the device after being discontinued, that’s around five-year-old for the battery. I’m very surprised its lasted this long and remained on 90%.   Using EE doesn’t drain the battery any more than it was using PlusNet as PlusNet gave its customers a signal over the EE network.  So you’re still connected to the same cellular masts. 

Danng8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have noticed exactly the same problem since upgrading to EE from Plusnet. I appreciate it is the same network masts but something has certainly changed. My phone is an iPhone SE (2nd gen), and battery now drains by lunchtime, whereas it used to last all day.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Danng8 

If you go into Settings then Battery what is showing in the using the most battery usage by app?

Leanne.

Danng8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Leanne

Battery usage says "Phone" 22% - I have not changed anything except the SIM. My phone usage is exactly the same as any other day, but battery now drains very quickly.

Dan

Leanne_T

Hi @Danng8 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Have you tried the steps in the Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple (UK) support page? 

Leanne.

Danng8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Leanne

Yes, I always have followed the advice on getting most battery life, but as I said, nothing else has changed other than changing the SIM card to EE. Very frustrating. It will be interesting to see if my wife has the same issue, as she has just upgraded today, and has also never had battery drain issues, so will keep you posted here.

Thanks.

Dan

Leanne_T

Please let me know how it goes @Danng8 

You can also use our EE Online troubleshooting tool for things to try and the next steps for the battery draining. 

Leanne.