cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you connect to EE WiFI-X

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

How do you connect to EE WiFi-X? I use to connect to BT Wi-Fi-X through the BT Wi-Fi app but this won’t work for EE WiFi-X. But I can connect to EE WiFe automatically with the BT Wi-Fi app and also automatically connect to EE WiFi-Auto.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I’ve just had a reply from the BT WiFi app team explaining that WiFi-X is being phased out:

Unfortunately, this signal has been withdrawn and is now only available for engineer use. It was originally designated for iPad and iPhones users, due to the way these devices had to connect to our network. However this was resolved and is being phased out and removed.

Whilst the network is an open network initially, to help make sure you receive a safe, reliable and robust service, BT Wi-Fi encrypts your account details at login. We also advise you make sure you have up to date firewall and anti-virus software to guard against any attacks and we strongly recommend you consider using a virtual private network (VPN), which protects your data from being intercepted. You'll find the option to disable cookies via your internet browser options. However please note that some websites may not support this function. Visit our security section to read more about the things you can do to be even safer online.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Storm500 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please see the Get wireless internet | Find WiFi hotspots | EE WiFi page for full details 🙂

Leanne.

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Thanks. I’ve already seen that page which is for EE WiFi. EE WiFi-X I assumed is the replacement for BT WiFi-X which only iPhone could connect to.

Leanne_T

BT Wi-Fi is becoming EE WiFi, the page provided has a help and advice section for this @Storm500 

Do you have BT broadband?

Leanne. 

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Leanne_T @Thanks again. Yes I do have BT broadband and BT mobiles. I have no problem connecting to EE WiFi and EE WiFI-Auto. But can’t connect to EE WiFi-X.

Katie_B

Hi @Storm500

If you are unable to connect I would recommend giving us a call on 150 and speaking with our technical care team who can check your account. 

Katie

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I’ve just had a reply from the BT WiFi app team explaining that WiFi-X is being phased out:

Unfortunately, this signal has been withdrawn and is now only available for engineer use. It was originally designated for iPad and iPhones users, due to the way these devices had to connect to our network. However this was resolved and is being phased out and removed.

Whilst the network is an open network initially, to help make sure you receive a safe, reliable and robust service, BT Wi-Fi encrypts your account details at login. We also advise you make sure you have up to date firewall and anti-virus software to guard against any attacks and we strongly recommend you consider using a virtual private network (VPN), which protects your data from being intercepted. You'll find the option to disable cookies via your internet browser options. However please note that some websites may not support this function. Visit our security section to read more about the things you can do to be even safer online.

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I missed this part off:

Please continue connecting to BT WiFi and EE WiFi via the BT WiFi app and to EE WiFi-Auto

Until the rocket scientists at EE disable the BT Wifi App without offering a replacement?

Exactly I've already had a notification it's going away, but still works so far, I have my own automated log in solutions, I made a script using macrodroid for android, a windows application (.exe), Linux script and OpenWrt Wireless Routers, Google should help here 🙂

1000009886.png