cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From blue to green on iMessage!

Lamead
Investigator
Investigator

I don’t know why but my messages are now green to my sister and she is definitely an iPhone user. I’ve only recently realised as I had extra charges for sending picture messages!

any idea why and how to resolve it?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lamead  is that when the connection via cellular or are you connected via WiFi ?  If via cellular do you have any data allowance left ?   iMessage will change to a sms when your device isn’t connected via cellular data or WiFi.    Is cellular data enabled on your device?   Open control centre and is this icon green? 

IMG_1886.jpeg

Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lamead wrote:

I don’t know why but my messages are now green to my sister and she is definitely an iPhone user. I’ve only recently realised as I had extra charges for sending picture messages!

any idea why and how to resolve it?

Could you ask your sister to go into Settings, scroll down to Messages select this and see if the iMessage option is turned on. Just in case this has been inadvertently turned off. 

Also, do you send texts to other people who have an iPhone, and if so do these send as blue or green?

Thank you for your reply. I’m almost sure it was over wifi. But have just seen they were Digital Touch messages! Thanks to my nephew being told about ‘sending lasers’ by a mate. I assume they’re classed as pictures regardless of cell/wifi??

Thank you

Checked settings, all on. 
But have just seen they were Digital Touch messages! Thanks to my nephew being told about ‘sending lasers’ by a mate. I assume they’re classed as pictures regardless of cell/wifi??