cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone not Sending SMS Texts

Ayaan5
Visitor

I have tried to send messages to my friend who doesnt have iphone and its green and doesnt work and i send to my mum with blue message and it works i have ee sim and i got a data add on 500mb even with sms on it still doesnt send

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ayaan5   A iMessage uses data a text message doesn’t it’s two completely different ways to send messages.   You’re mum is using an Apple device and is using iMessages like you.   Your friend isn’t using an Apple device so it should be sent as a text.    Out of curiosity have you got the subject field enabled as per this thread and its solution?    You also need cellular coverage for a text message to send or have WiFi calling enabled.     A iMessage will send via cellular data or just by being connected to WiFi even if WiFi calling is off. 

Bionic69
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Ayaan5. Over the past few weeks I’ve had the same problem I’ve got an iPhone and when I send messages to non iPhones related to the o2 network I.e tescos/giffgaff I’ve had to try 2 or 3 times before the message has been sent & I have signal on my phone so for myself I’m not sure if it’s problematic sending messages from EE  to o2 related networks or not ? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Do you only have this problem in one particular location @Bionic69?

James

Bionic69
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi James no i usually use it in my room I get between 1 & 2 bars of signal but even when im out with better signal it does it then at times ! It’s ok to other networks I have no issues it’s just tescos & Giffgaff networks 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bionic69,

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to take a look at this issue if you get in touch.

James